I’m Beth Pelkofsky, a colleague of Nan Russell’s at MountainWorks Communications, and periodically I’ll be posting here about titleless leaders.This is my first one.
The other day, I happened to be watching my favorite morning show. I was half-listening as I made my breakfast. Then, I heard the story of “The Bad News Bears.” I stopped to listen and I thought, Wow! These two teenagers are awesome titleless leaders. Why?
- They willingly shared their passion and gifts to a sport they love
- They saw an opportunity to serve and they made it happen
- They made it personal for the team
- They were well-intentioned
- They are inspiring to their team, parents and community.
Today’s workplaces are filled with frustration, distrust and cynicism. People are searching for leaders they can trust which isn’t about title or authority. It’s about taking your words seriously and aligning your words with your actions.
Titleless leaders are everywhere and all ages. Check out what these two young teenagers did.